Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default GU10 bulb remover

On Oct 16, 11:44*am, fred wrote:
We have about 10 lights using these GU10 bulbs. They have to be twisted to remove. Problem is the only ones we can find are flush with the surface of the ceiling fitting. Original GE bulbs had small raised studs on the circumference of the glass surface. These aided the removal. Latest version has completely flat surface. Nothing to grip to help in twisting the bulb in its holder. Solution offered (Solution ? Dont make me laugh) is a suction cup, such as is found in a kiddies bow and arrow set, which is utterly useless. Now removing the bulb is a major operation involving pulling the whole fitting out of the ceiling.

Question 1 . Does anyone know where I could source the original type bulbs. I'e tried all the usual suspects, both local and ebay.

Question 2 Has anyone found a satisfactory way of removing these bulbs ? I'm getting too too old to be swaying about on a step ladder.

Remove fitting, replace with low voltage fitting , transformer and
lamp, fit and forget ;-)

Cheers
Adam