Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default How change color TV to adjustable HVPS?

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
Attached is a truncated version of the manual as the 2Megs would not
transmit.
Also, are enlarged parts showing horizontal section; T703 output to
CRT is about 30KV.
Would be nice to have adjustment from around 10KV to full 30KV.

Thankx.

Do you actually need the full current that a CTV flyback stage can generate
24kV at?

Years ago I was messing around with the transformer from the PSU out of an
Amiga or somesuch - I'd turned the transformer around and driving one of the
original secondaries with a low VCEsat power transistor to get high voltage
from what had been the primary.

Apart from turning the transformer around, it was the same blocking
oscillator style self oscillating chopper as the original circuit - the
problem encountered the first time I powered up was a continuous arc between
the pins of the high voltage winding. It was neccessary to complete the
circuitry including the regulation loop for safe operation.

If you don't need a vast amount of current at EHT voltage, this basic
circuit driving a diode/capacitor ladder will do just fine.