Posted to alt.home.repair

Default extra 3/8 shut off valve for sink faucet?

It sounds like a good idea to work with the building
onwer, and coordinate to have his plumber do it up
during one of the water outages.

With your combination of bad situation, it does sound
wise to use the inline shutoff.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"dumbstruck" wrote in message

I had hoped I didn't have to explain how the tower block in question can't
shut off water except to many units at once, and the rare planned turnoff
can't delay turning it back on earlier than expected due to the extreme
inconvenience to everybody waiting. This troubled bldg has had frequent
long unplanned water cutoffs for 6, 12, or 24 hours and anyone wanting
an open end down period for amateur plumbing is asking for a lynch mob.
I had a lot of trouble getting solder to flow to the heat in a previous
house.
Better to just opportunistically slam in a screw in patch in series.