Posted to uk.d-i-y
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default Two speed switch for bathroom fan

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:14:31 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

Life is complicated :-)

My plan is to have a bathroom fan with a humidistat, a run on timer, and an
override switch.
I can source the parts to do this.

However when looking at fans I can see that the ones which come up as
suitable for my size room are mainly two speed fans.
O.K. find a two speed fan switch to add to the list.
However I can't seem to locate an IP44 switch which can switch a fan between
the two speeds.

I did find
http://www.buyheliosonline.co.uk/spe...s-22-389-p.asp
but this has a 0,1,2 switch state and I don't really want a switch in the
circuit which can disable the fan if switched to the wrong setting.

Anyone have any idea of a suitable switch to use?
I just want to switch between low and high speeed, but don't want the switch
in the loft or under the ceiling downstairs where it isn't easily
accessible.

Just a thought - are you sure that you will need both speeds? When
faced with this conundrum I decided to try my Soler & Palau fan out at
both speeds - just changing the connection between the high and low
speed fan terminals. I soon realised that the fan was so very quiet I
could happily run it at the higher speed without the need to use the
low speed at all. In your case (from memory you are using the higher
capacity TD250) you may find that you only need to use the low speed
connection.
--
rbel