Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Two speed switch for bathroom fan

On Monday, September 10, 2012 11:14:52 AM UTC+1, David WE Roberts wrote:
Life is complicated :-)

My plan is to have a bathroom fan with a humidistat, a run on timer, and an

override switch.

I can source the parts to do this.

However when looking at fans I can see that the ones which come up as

suitable for my size room are mainly two speed fans.

O.K. find a two speed fan switch to add to the list.

However I can't seem to locate an IP44 switch which can switch a fan between

the two speeds.

I did find

http://www.buyheliosonline.co.uk/spe...s-22-389-p.asp

but this has a 0,1,2 switch state and I don't really want a switch in the

circuit which can disable the fan if switched to the wrong setting.

Anyone have any idea of a suitable switch to use?

I just want to switch between low and high speeed, but don't want the switch

in the loft or under the ceiling downstairs where it isn't easily

accessible.

Cheers

Dave R

any switch you like plus a capacitor