Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Two speed switch for bathroom fan

Life is complicated :-)

My plan is to have a bathroom fan with a humidistat, a run on timer, and an
override switch.
I can source the parts to do this.

However when looking at fans I can see that the ones which come up as
suitable for my size room are mainly two speed fans.
O.K. find a two speed fan switch to add to the list.
However I can't seem to locate an IP44 switch which can switch a fan between
the two speeds.

I did find
http://www.buyheliosonline.co.uk/spe...s-22-389-p.asp
but this has a 0,1,2 switch state and I don't really want a switch in the
circuit which can disable the fan if switched to the wrong setting.

Anyone have any idea of a suitable switch to use?
I just want to switch between low and high speeed, but don't want the switch
in the loft or under the ceiling downstairs where it isn't easily
accessible.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]