Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Pentreath Martin Pentreath is offline

Default External filler for render and window sill

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:55:54 PM UTC+1, Ian Jackson wrote:

How old is the house? If it's been there a long time, and there's no

sign that anything will collapse, I would be tempted to repair things

with something flexible, so at least the cracks won't reappear (or at

least so they will only appear at the junction of the flexible and

non-flexible parts - so you will know where they are).

--

Ian

Hi Ian,

The house was built around 1880. But anyway, there aren't any structural problems with the rest of it - it's just the bay window that has no foundations. So really I'd already decided that it's just a filler job. I'm wondering what the best filler is to use for this, and particularly for the sill, which I think will be left with a gaping hole after I've removed the bit that's cracked away.