Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Sticky Binoculars

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:12:52 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

HellyB wrote:

We have a nice pair of "rubberised" binoculars, but the "rubber" has
recently become quite sticky to the touch.

Dunno if it always happens with age, or just to items handled by certain
people with a particular composition of sweat/grease on their skin ...
my old mice wheels go that way if left for a year or two.

I've seen it plenty of times with rubber pinch rollers in tape drives,
but it seems quite random and independent of use, storage conditions etc.

Sadly I don't think there's a cure - once it's started going like that
it'll just get worse :-(

cheers

Jules