Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default Triton shower pressure relief valve

On 05/08/2012 12:50, The Night Tripper wrote:
I dunno about this particular model, but on another Triton Shower I've had,
the pressure relief valve was non-resettable. IIRC it is a small nylon
fitting with a rubber?? insert, which either melts or gets blown out in case
the pressure gets too high.

Triton charge an arm and a leg for spares, irritatingly.

I think lack of regular descaling of the shower head caused the problem with
ours.

HTH
Jon

It appears that in all Triton electric showers that the pressure relief
device is simple a plastic fitting with a hole on the middle. Into this
hole is fitted a very small hard plastic ball. If there is excessive
pressure the ball is pushed through the hole and it exits via the output
tube and down the bath plughole never to be seen again

The whole assembly can be replaced in around 10 minutes and costs £8/10.
There is no need to turn off the water.

I opted for buying 3 replacement balls from an Ebay seller for around a
fiver. The ball take seconds to fit into the old fitting (once removed
from the shower). I then de-scaled the shower head.

Everything is back up and working.