Posted to uk.d-i-y
BartC BartC is offline

Default How much should a bathroom refit cost?

"charles" wrote in message
In article , tim.....
wrote:

But I was disabused from that notion when my sister got a quote for 17
grand, yes that was seventeen grand.

OK so it was for ridiculously expensive fittings but even after you
stripped that out the labour cost was 8K.

we had a quote 2 years ago for £13k - bath, shower, wc and basin, new ch
radiator, replaster ceiling and walls then tiles allround. Needless to
say
we didn't go with it.

I had a quote 20 years ago to refit my small kitchen: £7500, not including
flooring or tiling. Looking at the plan more closely, it didn't include a
cooker either!

At the time I probably only had £50' worth of utensils to store in the
cupboards. In the end I fitted my own units for about £300.

--
Bartc