Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray Ray is offline

Default Cleaning sink drain? ? ?

That's what I need.

The immediate blockage has been dislodged. I want something to prevent
future blockage.

Thanks, Ray

"DD_BobK" wrote in message

On Jul 9, 7:38 am, "Ray" wrote:
A friend tells me that there is a cleaning solution available which stands
overnight in sink drains to clear away grease build-up.

He also said that he had learned through some "tip sheet" that carbonated
soft drinks accomplish the same thing and are cheaper when you get them on
sale.

Is this correct?

As per the other posts......once the drain is completely blocked,
liquid cleanser seldom work, mechanical intervention is typically
needed.

The overnight stuff is DrainCare enzyme / bacteria powder but you have
to to have some flow to distribute the stuff.
I use this & highly recommend it as a preventative measure.

http://www.amazon.com/Enforcer-DC16-...zep+drain+care

cheers
Bob