Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default Cleaning sink drain? ? ?

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 09:09:11 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Jul 9, 10:38*am, "Ray" wrote:
A friend tells me that there is a cleaning solution available which stands
overnight in sink drains to clear away grease build-up.

He also said that he had learned through some "tip sheet" that carbonated
soft drinks accomplish the same thing and are cheaper when you get them on
sale.

Is this correct?

My long haired wife and daughters clog up our shower and sink drains
at least twice a year.

I've settle on a non-chemical fix:

I dismantle the drains, pull out the dead-rat looking mass of hair and
soap scum and then put the drains back together.

It takes about a half hour and I know that the drain is perfectly
clear until next time.

No chemicals and no cost other than my time.

Oh yeah...one more step: I bitch at the ladies telling them that if
they'd remove the hair instead of washing it down the drain, I
wouldn't have to take the drains apart twice a year.

From my experience, you are better off talking to the wall !!!!