Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default BBQ Pit

On 2012-06-16, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Look at some of the pits here
http://www.ibiblio.org/lineback/bbq/pits.htm

I like the cinder-block pits. No muss, no fuss, no mortar, jes throw
together and start Q'n. I've noticed 2-3 similar no-mortar brick Qs
around here. One is regular old red brick with some refrigerator
shelves. Another is red brick with what appears to be regular
concrete holding it together in a half dome style. This wuz once a
snow-bird trailer park, now turned co-op, so many of these pits go
unused fer years, their owners elsewhere.

I'm looking to get back into Q'ing, but am more concerned about the
meat than the pit. But, I'm not going back to eating that
hormone/toxin soaked crap now sold in stores. I've found a source for
grass fed beef and have a lead on organic goats for slaughter.
Haven't found any organic swine, yet, but someone has to be raising
them, somewhere.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!