Posted to rec.woodworking
sal[_2_] sal[_2_] is offline

Default makeshift vice

Thanks Guys some good idea's ,by the way I am using a belt sander so the
material has to be fairly secure. The benches are from an old historic
church 1850 that we still open during summer months to show case theater and
tourist viewing..

Sal
"sal" wrote in message
Morning Fellows I have a bit of a problem I don't have a proper work
bench , not enough room in garage, I use a couple of pieces of 3/4" ply on
top of each other over sawhorses. I have a number of 3/4" x 3" oak slats
from outdoor benches to sand . How do I hold them securely to be able to
face sand them with out vice jaws getting in the way.

Sal