Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default New Homelite Trimmer Won't Start

On 06/01/2012 08:26 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

From experience, I know exactly what the problem is. It says
"Homelite" on the side of it. Tools that are marked "Homelite" last
for only a few hours.

Honda and it will start much easier and last much longer.

I bought a USED Homelite chainsaw (a cheap, Chinese-made, underpowered
big-box version) last year to cut up a stump. It was used by the
previous owner to the point where the paint was worn off of the bar.

I used it as-was to cut the stump up, resharpening the blade every time
I hit dirt (which was frequent because this was a stump), and it worked
fine.

This year when I ran it to cut some trees (in the rain), after not much
work it wouldn't start. I cleaned the (clogged) air filter and bought a
new plug, and it's back to working like new.

If you are a professional and need professional-grade gear, then yeah,
you need to step up, but my cheap, used cheap-Chinese Homelite product
is working just fine for my homeowner needs.

Jon