Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default PVC Compression coupling - suitable for outdoor water pipe, and life span?

On Thu, 31 May 2012 11:15:04 -0700 (PDT), Ook
wrote:

While I was digging up my water pipes, I came across a PVC compression
coupling that was used to connect two metal pipes together.

That alone would tell me the metal pipe has already be repaired once.

-- make a decision

-- short of a decision, get a person that can make a decision

-- Replace the 50' run from meter to house

-- if you cannot do that get a person that can (make a decision)

-- given all the comments from these numerous threads, why are you
playing around beating a dead horse?

Replace the damn run by making a command decision!

Do it with minimum connections. The more connections you have
(underground) the a chances rise for future leaks.

Can you make a decision?

PEX will do everything you need, but don't trust me or a long term
history of PEX reliability.