Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default York Affinity series furnace

On 5/26/2012 9:13 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
I am considering 98% AFUE modulating furnace to replace over 18 year old
Carrier mid-efficiency furnace. Please, anyone has experience with this
York furnace? One more question, is OK mating it to Carrier a/c unit?
TIA

I have an Affinity 93% furnace. It is a lot better than the 30 year old
one that it replaced. The biggest problem I have with it is that the
blower is noisy. It runs noisy and it is noisy starting up. Starting
up it makes a kind of a squawking noise, then just general blower noise.
I could wish that it was quieter, particularly since the closet is
right next to my bedroom.

Bill