Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default knotting solution

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:15:45 +0100, "Nick"
wrote:

A good coat of shellac perhaps. That's all (decent) knotting solution is.

What colour is shellac? Is it what gives knotting solution it's brown
colour?

I found I had a tin of the ronseal in the garage. I must have bought
it to try and forgotten about it. It is water based a white, which is
why I wonder whether it is something other than shellac. The blurb on
the tin talks about advanced polymers etc. but that could just be the
marketing department talking.

I have tried some on the skirting board and architrave; I'll let you
know if it works but you will have to wait three years