Posted to alt.home.repair
Tamara Lynn Tamara Lynn is offline

Default Central heat and air condition will not stop blowing

"Duesenberg" wrote:
On 4/29/2012 7:29 PM, Tamara Lynn wrote:
wrote:

Just temporarily disconnect the thermostat if you
want to rule that out.

I pulled the batteries out of the thermostat for 10-15 seconds. When I
put
them back in, the fan immediately kicked on and finally shut off.

Check to see if there is an LED light blinking on the furnace unit. There
could be an error code. May be minor, may be major, may be nothing at
all. Worth investigating.

My Lennox system is 30 years old, I think before they got LED. :-)

Anyway, I went out and turned the pilot light to the heat (gas) and then
turned off the gas to the unit. So far the fan hasn't came back on.
crosses fingers

Perhaps the heat on the flame on the pilot heated the central system, and it
kicked on just to disperse that heat. At least that is what I am hoping
for...sigh. I should have just rented a husband! lol