Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugh - Was Invisible Hugh - Was Invisible is offline

Default Waterproofing a cement asbestos roof.

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:04:02 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Hugh - Was Invisible pretended :
The roof is under a 60 feet high tree and has quite a coating of moss
and twigs. Removing them would be difficult without risking breaking
panels and the moss etc probably cushion the panels against falling
dead branches.

Any ideas of how I could waterproof it from the inside?

The moss will be preventing the free draining, backing up the water,
which will then be flowing up the joints. Your only sensible solution,
is to get rid of the moss. You could caulk the visible inner ends of the
sheets at their lowest points which will help.

To kill the moss run bared copper wire across the roof's higher end, so
that the copper sulphate formed on the copper is washed down the length
of the roof.

Thanks for the advice re the copper wire. Pity I can't wire up the bricked
patios or the block paving drive!
Have to be careful what I use to avoid staining.