Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Boiler Leak - Any Worcester-Bosch Experts Out There Please?

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 13:51:35 +0100, TheScullster wrote:

What I don't understand is, if the rain drives into the "condensing"
part of the flue, I would expect it to simply mix with the condensed
vapour and exit the boiler via the condensate trap/drain. If it enters
the vapour outlet part of the flue, how does it drain through the boiler
past the burners etc.?

You can pour water down the flue outlet and it'll go out into the
condensate drain!

If water (or snow etc) were getting into the air intake (the outer part
of the concentric flue assembly) I think it would end up in the boiler
casing - a thin steel box surrounding the heat exchanger, gas valve, fan
etc, with a soft tubular rubber seal against which the white outer case
presses. That seal might let water dribble out.

--
John Stumbles

I don't want to be part of a club that would have someone like me as a
member.

--
John Stumbles

It's bad luck to be superstitious.