Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
JW JW is offline

Default Powered USB Hub

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 18:38:37 -0400 "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote in Message id:
:

Michael Black wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Jim Thompson wrote:

I need a powered USB Hub, 7 (or more) ports.

Lots of conflicting reviews out there.

What do you fellow lurkers recommend?

Get a PCI card that adds USB functionality.

I was all set to buy a hub when I came across a computer lying on the
sidewalk, and it had a USB board inside. No need for a hub after that,
but I do get more USB ports.

Let me know when you find some four port low profile USB boards
laying around, for salvage. I need two.

If you can't get 'em for free (and shipping is never really free), these
are pretty cheap and have five ports:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PORTS-USB-...em3f14d9 c3fb