Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin C. Martin C. is offline

Default Need advice on how to 'repair' a kinked 75' plumbing snake(just busted)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:18:17 -0500, ChairMan wrote:

I'd get a 1/2" cable if you can, much less likely to kink than a 3/8"

Good idea. I called Cobra again (800-835-2200) to ask about the half-inch
cable.

They told me Lowes does not sell the half-inch cable but they sell the 75-
foot length for $187. They won't sell a longer length for the BC400
because the 75 foot length barely fits (most people apparently leave the
last few yards hanging out.)

Tangent: It must be like tent bags which I can never get the entire tent
back in no matter how neatly I try to pack it in.

I wonder ... since I use this BrassCraft (aka Cobra) BC400 power snake
only about once every three years ... if others can advise me with more
experience.

Do you guys generally plan on 75 feet or 100 feet of snaking when you
have a plumbing problem?

Note: 100 feet will get me halfway into the roadway, I think, from the
house anyway. I don't know where the roadway cleanout plug is (probably
buried in the lawn somewhere).