Posted to uk.d-i-y
tg[_5_] tg[_5_] is offline

Default bosch washing machine programs take a long time

thanks for the responses.
The machine fills fine, empties fine and heats the water fine. What I have
noticed though is after the machine heats the water to the right
temperature, the heater goes off (which is correct) but then the machine is
still washing the clothes in the same hot water an hour later. I tested this
using a 90 degree wash on the right hand side of the timer. The heater
doesn't come back on once it goes off but the washing cycle just carries on.
It's still washing the clothers in the same hot water as I write. So my
question(s) is:
1) do you think it's the controller?
2) should the heater go on and off a few times or just the once?
thanks for any further pointers.