Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default USPS Smartpost Insurance Scam

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

FedEx Home Delivery is only a few cents higher than USPS Priority mail.
And, usually several
days faster, trackable, and insurance is cheap. I use it for a lot
of my shipping to home addresses.

Uhm, over the last five years or so I've sent several thousand packages
using USPS Priority mail and only VERY RARELY does it take over two days to
get all the way from west coast to east.

Fact is, along the I-5 corridor, customers typically recieve their package
along with next days mail as long as we were able to get it to the post
office before the 2:30 pm cut-off....( something which we always strive to
do ) and as you might imagine, we have NUMEROUS emails from customers who
were TOTALLY AMAZED at how quickly their order arrived.....

Screw Fed Ex--last time I called for a pickup ( sometimes customers want us
to ship on *their* account ) the ****ers never even showed up till the day
after the scheduled pickup time.