Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default USPS Smartpost Insurance Scam

Larry Jaques wrote:

I wondered about that. The last shipment I got was from L.A. and it
took nine days to make it 850 miles north into Oregon. Part of the
trip was the flight to Kent, WA, about 400 miles north of me. Go
figure.

On the other hand, FedEx ground is fairly cheap, and FedEx Home Delivery
is only a few cents higher than USPS Priority mail. And, usually several
days faster, trackable, and insurance is cheap. I use it for a lot
of my shipping to home addresses. They won't accept Home Delivery to a
business address.

I have never had a problem with FedEx - zero damage, zero lost
packages, etc. Domestic USPS is about the same, but I've had
all sorts of packages disappear on international postal shipments.
And, USPS won't insure full value on packages to many countries.

Jon