Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Open Fire Back Boiler

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:56:44 +0000, Tim wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "dedicated solid fuel burning systems" but you
can still buy a Dunsley fire with back boiler.

http://www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/baxi.htm

Figues for how much heat goes to water and radiated into the room,
none for how much is going up the chimney...

Stoves with boilers are far more effcient at heating the room and
water than an open fire. I think the OP ought to at least look at
fitting a stove, though finding one with a suitable balalnce of heat
to room and heat to water might be tricky. Our Stovax Stockon 11 is
rated at 7kW to water and 3 to room but it's quite large.

--
Cheers
Dave.