Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default DIY Indoor Waterfall?

dadiOH wrote:
I don't think it would be all that hard. IF you are able to do metal

work, that is; if not, I don't think it would be terribly expensive
to have the metal work done by a shop.

Basically, you would need...

1. A watertight pan to hold the water

2. A non-rusting frame attached to the pan to hold the panel

3. A submersible pump

4. Probably a filter.

The hard part is figuring out what you want. Vertical panel or
inclined? Glass? Metal? Smooth or maybe with angled troughs so the
water will run down to the next below it.

You need a pan big enough for stability (especially if you have a cat

You need a way to get the panel out of the frame without wrecking
everything
You need room in the frame for tubing. Small, flexible plastic
tubing such as that used for aquarium accessories might be good.

A way to drain it could be useful

Gotta be able to clean it.

Might need to add some chlorine to the water.

The above aren't necessarily suggestions, just sort of thinking out
load.

You know what I was thinking is to start with the panel from an old
bath/shower door. You'd have tempered glass for safety, and it'd be rated
for water duty right off the bat.

Jon