Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default DIY Indoor Waterfall?

On 1/28/2012 10:22 PM, Robert Neville wrote:
wrote:

Now you'll
notice that these thing are quite expensive. I know she doesn't really
expect me to go out and buy one, she knows how cheap I am, but I would
love to get her one for our anniversary. So, what I'm thinking is, how
hard could it be to make one of these? I'm looking for suggestion and
ideas, any opinions and ideas would be much appreciated.

Commercial ones are extremely expensive. I wanted a wall fountain (not free
standing) for a new house a few years ago. Something about 30x72 would run $2000
or more. Ended up building one myself that turned out quite well, but it wasn't
easy the first time. Now that I've made all the mistakes, it would be much
easier to do another one!

http://www.mewsgirl.com/fountain.jpg

Looks nice. What was the major expense?