Posted to uk.d-i-y
Old Codger[_4_] Old Codger[_4_] is offline

Default Painting emulsion on wood ?

On 21/01/2012 20:49, Rick Hughes wrote:
In my previous house had white gloss everywhere .... and that meant on
new wood ..
knotting primer 2 coats undercoat top gloss coat

In current place not used gloss anywhere, all skirtings, architraves &
doors are stained ash .... now come on one job where I don't want to stain.

Just finished putting finish on Loft access hatch ... opening all nicely
lined in Ply, hatch out of ply stiffened with 3 x 1 frame ...

Fixed the architrave around opening today .. and have just given it all
a coat of white primer.

The intent was to put a coat of one of the one-coat white paints, but
SWMBO just asked a valid Q ... "can't we just use same pain we put on
the ceiling?"

Never used semi matt emulsion on wood ... is there any reason why it
could not be used ?

No

--
Old Codger