Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Kitchen/Bathroom emulsion Worth the money?

In article , Mike Tomlinson
writes
En el artículo , Moonraker news@j-
towill.co.uk escribió:

Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?

I've used eggshell paint in kitchens and bathrooms for years with good
results. Have a go with that.

It's certainly the safe option, I've recently used it to repaint a
forced air (only) ventilated internal bathroom that was susceptible to
condensation, no problems since.

For walls it is a bit much but an acceptable compromise.

As a personal choice, in normal rooms, I would use eggshell on wood and
matt emulsion on other surfaces. For a well ventilated kitchen I would
stick with that.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .