Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen/Bathroom emulsion Worth the money?

In article ,
Moonraker writes:
Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?

I used the Wickes Master range (which no longer exists) of bathroom
and kitchen emulsion, and it's worked very well. I'm not sure I know
what all the differences are, but it seems to be easy wipe-clean
without any staining into the surface. Water doesn't soak in, whereas
standard emulsion is more porous. Wish I'd bought a spare tin before
that range vanished.

--
Andrew Gabriel