Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How much space does a shower need?

On 06/01/2012 10:46, wrote:

It's a rather basic question but I can't find straightforward answers
anywhere.

We're [re]designing an area in our house and want to install a new
shower (among other things). In order to plan the layout we need to
know how much space a shower needs. It might be a dedicated shower
room or, if it fits, we might squeeze it into the existing downstairs
loo.

So any advice, pointers, etc. as to minimum and/or sensible sizes for
a shower would be very welcome.

The smallest normal trays are about 750 square. Personally I find these
too cramped, 850mm ones are just about usable. However much depends on
the size of the people using it! The standard enclosures are often about
1.85m tall, and these I find too short! (I am about 6'3").

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |