Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default How much space does a shower need?

In article , writes
It's a rather basic question but I can't find straightforward answers
anywhere.

We're [re]designing an area in our house and want to install a new
shower (among other things). In order to plan the layout we need to
know how much space a shower needs. It might be a dedicated shower
room or, if it fits, we might squeeze it into the existing downstairs
loo.

So any advice, pointers, etc. as to minimum and/or sensible sizes for
a shower would be very welcome.

I'm doing similar and am planning for 1000x800 which is towards the
opulent end without being ridiculously expensive due to rarity. I like a
rectangular shape and the shower will be mounted on a narrow side,
spraying along the length. At the other end of the scale, 750 square
would be (is) annoyingly small for me. I'll use a stock base for
simplicity rather than rolling my own with tiles and tanking.

If you're interested, I'll be using a standard bar shower mixer for easy
replacement when it fails[1}.

[1] that's when, not if, or in case ;-)
--
fred