Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Best primer to avoid raising the grain...

On 12/18/2011 10:06 AM, blueman wrote:
I am going to be painting a cabinet I bought with Benjamin Moore
interior semi-gloss latex paint. The cabinet is made of Baltic Birch
plywood and Poplar.

I want to avoid raising the grain on the cabinet when I apply
primer and having to sand everything again. Which of the following
priming techniquest are least likely to raise grain.

4. Shellac as a sealcoat +/- followed by primer (is primer necessary if
you have a shellac sealcoat?)

y preference ... primer not necessary.

7. Other suggestion?

Followed by a light sanding ... if you're going to the trouble, do it right.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010