Dave Plowman

Default Wolf power tools - any good?

In article ,
Andy R wrote:
That's why I wondered about the low prices. The drill cost around £70 in
the seventies which is probably something like £300 now so there must be
some differences in quality.

Not necessarily. In the '70s, it would be hand assembled, and many of the
parts would also have been made on hand operated machinery. These days,
computer control of machinery allows far higher consistency and cheaper
production. You only have to look at how much longer car engines now last
for an example.

And, of course, they're now made using low cost far east labour.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn