Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Dull band saw blades

What do you guys do with your dull band saw blades? Do you bother trying to
sharpen them (or have them sharpened by somebody else)? Or do you just chuck
them and buy new ones? I've tried to sharpen a couple of them using a Dremel
tool and some methods suggested by others on their woodworking sites (I'm sure
a Google would turn up enough examples), and the results were passable, but it
was a pain to say the least. Are there any good (and reasonably priced) blade
sharpening jigs that would make it worth the effort? I'm starting to get knee
deep in dull band saw blades...

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/