Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Slugs

On 12/5/2011 12:37 AM, JIMMIE wrote:
I have slugs crawling out of my kitchen sink drain. There were five of
them in the bottom of the sink this AM. What is the best way to get
rid of them? One of my ffriends told me to put a spoon full of salt
down the drain everytime I use the sink. House is on the sewer, PVC
pipe to the street, no trees in the path and otherwise no drainage
problems. Are they just coming up out of the sewer or should I expect
some type of damage to my plumbing?

Jimmie

That seems odd..I've only seen them on sidewalks and lawn. Salt kills
them very quickly, so I'd dump a cup of salt into the drain and let it
sit for an hour or so. The may have been on fresh produce and washed
into your drain. I would really be surprised if they return. If you
have any houseplants near the sink, check them, as that is a likely home.