Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default Slugs

On 12/5/11 12:37 AM, JIMMIE wrote:
I have slugs crawling out of my kitchen sink drain. There were five of
them in the bottom of the sink this AM. What is the best way to get
rid of them? One of my ffriends told me to put a spoon full of salt
down the drain everytime I use the sink. House is on the sewer, PVC
pipe to the street, no trees in the path and otherwise no drainage
problems. Are they just coming up out of the sewer or should I expect
some type of damage to my plumbing?

Jimmie

I thought slugs ate plants. To get to your sink from the drain, they'd
have to submerge themselves in the trap. I don't think they like to go
underwater.

If you put salt in your drain and they still show up, they must be
coming from elsewhere. They may be seeking water. If you have an idea
where they are entering your kitchen, garlic will repel them. The
caffeine in coffee grounds will kill them.