Posted to uk.d-i-y
larkim larkim is offline

Default Converting a wired to a wireless doorbell

On Nov 24, 1:27*am, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts
wrote:
larkim wrote:
Is there likely to be any product which would allow me to convert
the existing bell into a wireless doorbell system? *Presumably a bog
standard 9V battery would ring the bell sufficiently?

Perhaps not quite what you want, but see:http://doorchimesuk.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=42

to replacing "aaa" by "284".

Cheers, yes I'd spotted those but as you say they don't really do what
I want. I suppose all I need is a wireless doorbell and "relay" which
I can then use as the switched power supply for the bell itself.

Thanks!

Matt