Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What grease to use on forklift axle/wheel bearing

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 08:15:53 -0600, Ignoramus30836
wrote:

I received all the brake parts that I need to fix the brakes on the
outdoor Cat forklift. I just wanted to ask what is the proper grease
to use around the Timken wheel bearing. Thanks.

You really need to find a service manual for that CAT, Ig.
It'll answer all those questions you've posed and more.
Doesn't CAT have those (service or owner's manuals) online?
Is it a real CAT or a Mitsubishi/CAT lift?

In any case, it'll be a high-pressure wheel bearing grease.

--
Resolve to be thyself: and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery.
-- Matthew Arnold