Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default hollow wall anchor setting tool

John Rumm wrote:

... onto plasterboard where shop fitters typically
use two layers, which makes them harder to set.

You can get them with longer shanks. I had some for years with ~1"
sections before realising exactly what they were intended for!

Also, as an aside, on Friday I used four to hold a 10kg 94" projector
screen to a plasterboard ceiling....
..
..
..
..
..

Modern flat with that metal strip stuff instead of wooden joists so I
located the steel and drilled through both it and the p'board. Pushed
the fixings through both, tightened and job was a good'un.

--
Scott