Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hollow wall anchor setting tool

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 19:16:42 +0000, Fred wrote:

In the past, I have always tightened hollow wall anchors like these:
using a screwdriver, without troubles.

I used to do that but bought the setting tool and selection of
anchors that Aldl had the other month. Wouldn't go back to the
screwdriver method now, with the tool you know it has been set
correctly not partially set or over done.

I'm going to play with it and plasterboard with foam insulation
bonded to the back as a lot of walls here are like that now. The foam
seems fairly friable so I don't think it will be a problem but I'll
set one or two into an off cut then dig away the foam and see what
has happened.

As for load bearing, they spread it over quite and area behind the
board and most loads are sheer. Must admit I'd be wary about fixing a
wash basin with them but that's more down to the plasterboard
deforming over time rather than a failure of the fixing.

I wonder what the plumber is going to use to fix the radiators to the
plasterboard/foam walls?

--
Cheers
Dave.