Andy R

Default Wolf power tools - any good?

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
. ..
"Kalico" wrote in message
"Andy R" wrote in message

"Kalico" wrote in message
I need a new circular saw and prefer to buy cheaper but often for

the
type
of work I do.

Screwfix have a brand called Wolf, 160mm for only £25 with a two

year
guarantee. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Makro are doing a 180mm NuTool for the same money, also with 2 year
guarantee and I have had good experience with that brand, but little
things
like painted steel rather than stainless steel footplate (which the

Wolf
appears to have) make it look cheaper.

I'm still using a Wolf hammer drill my father bought over 25 years

ago,
it's
had a lot of heavy use and is still OK. He bought various Wolf tools

over
the years because of good previous experience. They used to be

relatively
expensive so if they're cheap now maybe the spec's changed.

Rgds

Andy R

Thanks for that Andy. I tend to think that the guarantee alone is worth

it
at this price level, but there is nothing like personal recommendation.

Rob

Have a google search on the ng - I think that the subject of Wolf tools

came
up a couple of months ago.

From memory, the brand/company now belongs to someone different, so
comparisons with the 25yr old tools may not be completely accurate

guidance.

That's why I wondered about the low prices. The drill cost around £70 in
the seventies which is probably something like £300 now so there must be
some differences in quality.

Rgds

Andy R