Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to connect copper to PVC?

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:26:29 -0700, "walther"
wrote:

What is the best way - without soldering - to connect a 3/4" rigid copper
pipe to 3/4" PVC 40?
+***

SharkBite® Push-Fit Fittings

A Connection System For Copper, CTS CPVC and PEX Pipe

The SharkBite® fittings line presents a revolutionary solution to
connecting water distribution pipe. Our SharkBite® Push-Fit Fittings
are the fastest, easiest way to join copper, CTS CPVC and PEX pipe in
any combination. With no soldering, clamps, unions or glue. The line
includes more than 130 different fittings in a variety of sizes.
Certified to 200 psi and 200°F (93°C).

http://sharkbite.rapidfire.com.au/usa/en/products/push-fit-products/push-fit-fittings

If there is no good way, what do I need to buy to make a solder joint?

Thank you

Walter--
www.rationality.net