Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grumpy Grumpy is offline

Default home made (metal) rail road car

wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 08:24:24 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

A totally fascinating character who decided to build his own
rail car.
Along with photos. And movie clips. The web page appears to
be still there.
I did download and view the video clips a couple years back.
The guy is a
good example of determined and a bit off center, eh?

Check out:
http://www.bluehaze.com.au/mmedia/rtrain/rtrain1.html
Looks interesting and exciting.

What kind of snake was that in that photo? I know Oz has some killer
snakes.
Dave

Not sure as they all tend to look similar at the distances I like to
maintain. It looked fairly "flat' in the region behind the head. This would
indicate two things. 1) it is probably a Tiger snake 2) it is starting to
get ****ed off. The steps to take in those circumstance are large ones and a
good quantity of them as well.
They have a very good antivenom avilable in most hospitals in Australia
these days, but they are still a dangerous snake. Like most native animals
it is a protected species here, however, in the country, they often succumb
to tree branches that fall on them from above. Above is usuually about
shoulder height of the local farmer.
There are more highly venemous snakes here but the Tiger is the most often
cause of snake bite because of their agressive nature.