Posted to uk.d-i-y
Londonman[_2_] Londonman[_2_] is offline

Default Lidl 3hp Parkside compressor - mini review

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 24/10/2011 15:22, R D S wrote:

Very noisy.

Is that a mini review or a micro one? ;-)

Other than that, what is it like?

I have one, c/w some of the attachments they sell (Air chisel, sand blast
gun, tyre pressure gauge etc) as RDS suggested it's quite a noise at kick
in, and for a cheap compressor about what I expected.

The regulator sticks occasionally causing the valve to blow off (Fnarrr) at
times so I checked it out and readjusted it and now it's fine.

As it's installed in the shed behind a simple baffle board and lid the noise
isn't a problem for the occasions I use it for. Better still I "Trained"
SWMBO to use it to check car tyre pressures, and *that* in itself gained me
brownie point because she "Doesn't *do*" the garage ones that cost money!

All in all not a bad buy and a 3 year guarantee too. (I also have the
address of the company in UK that will honour that. All that's needed is the
original till receipt to use as proof of purchase date.