Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default repair broken aluminum storm window

I went to a big box store, might have been one with one word in the
name. They could sell me the glass cut to size, and if I brought in
the window would help me figure out how to get it apart.

I went to the other big box store, might have had two words, and they
could sell me the glass also, but it was their opinion these windows
couldn't be fixed at all.

I called the last remaining REAL hardware store in the next town, they
said bring it in, sure we can fix it. They're a bit expensive but
they have every obscure gadget known to mechanics in stock. They got
the old geezer out of the back, and he just shook his head. It's
staked right on the edge, into the little piece inside; no way he
wanted to touch it.

Driving home I passed a sign for an auto glass and repair shop. Worth
a stop. They said $20 for glass, $20 for labor, pick it up in a
couple of days. Sold! Hope it is as easy as they seemed to think.
It does not look easy to me.