Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default repair broken aluminum storm window

I have a broken pane in the storm window, one of those aluminum frame
things that slides up and down in multiple channels.

Looks like a bb gun hole, then the whole glass pane cracked. But it
could also be a stone thrown from a lawnmower, I guess.

Anyway, I got the broken one out of the window. But i can't see how
to get the glass out of the frame. I've replaced a zillion glass
panes in wood frame windows, with the glaziers points and putty
approach, and done a few screens with the rubber strip and spline
tool. But this one doesn't come apart in any obvious way.

What do I try next?