Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Fog Horn when turning on faucet or flushing toilets

"trax" wrote in message
Recently we have been having a fog horn noise whenever we turn on a
faucet or flush toilets. Any suggestions as to what could cause this
to happen and how to stop it. This seems to happen every year and
continues for about a week or two, but this time it is continuing to
happen. It has been doing this for about 1 month. The fog horn noise
will go for about 1 minute and then stop and it is not everytime but
most of the time.
Thank

Since it happens with any flow, I suspect the main line Could be the washer
in the main vale. Try closing it, then opening it. If a well, other
factors may come in. tank bladder. check valve.